Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rain Coat

My feedback after toile review was to create another silhouette this could include a vest or something more experimental. I had played with some designs in my visual diary and I thought it would be good to create a rain coat. I find that there aren't many raincoats out their for adults let alone any trendy rain coats.

What I thought would be good was to create a see through rain coat so that you can still see the garments underneath. I wanted to stick with my colourway however, I am finding it hard to find colourful see through fabrics. I found some shower curtains with had my colourway in stripes but the material wasn't the best.

I then thought about maybe buying a inflatable chair and cutting it up for my patterns. After talking to my consumer I found that maybe the orange see through might not be that appealing and a clear plastic with colourful highlights like binding could look a lot better.


No comments:

Post a Comment