Sunday, August 26, 2012

Digital Fabric Printing

I am looking at digital fabric printing for my collection in stage 6. I have searched around online and sourced feedback from people whom have sourced digitally printed fabrics and the two companies below are what seem to be the most affordable and viable for my collection. I found also that ANU school of arts also print digitally on fabrics which could be an option I explore further as it could be useful being located in Canberra.

DFP were my first initial source as they do student prices and I already have access to their fabric samples here at school. However, they only print onto synthetic fabrics. There is one option the canvas, which could work well for my collection.


I then came across Spoonflower after speaking with Cohen from Zoo Advertising. They are located in America but they are at least half the price of anyone I found here in Australia. Cohen has informed me that they are very professional and their turnaround is very fast. The great thing about Spoonflower is that they print onto a wide variety of natural fabrics. Also if you design your own print you automatically get a 10% discount. I think this option will work well for me this semester. Although it is a risk ordering fabrics from overseas I believe that if I get my designs to them in the next few weeks they will be here in time for me when I start on my final garments. 





I also think it would be a good idea to also work with both companies to compare them both and work with both natural and synthetic fabrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment